The Association of Retired Fish and Wildlife Employees (ARFWE) of the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife is a social organization providing newsletters and social interaction to members which allows them to keep in touch with others they previously worked with.
Membership is open to any retired employee of the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW). Current employees of the Department are eligible for membership within 2 years of retirement. See our by-laws for additional information.
Here are some of the things we do:
- Make a donation to an environmental charity in memory of members who pass on.
- Pass on the traditions, stories, and history from the County days to the present.
- Publish a newsletter, notice of events, and membership list.
- Mentor new retirees and employees.
- Get involved with fish and wildlife projects.
- Maintain a web site for historical and current photos, events, news.
- Sponsor an annual picnic & social events around the state.